Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Potty Training...

On June 1st, I decided to start potty training hunter. The first weekend that we started, he pooped in the toilet! I was so suprised and excited that things were progressing so soon... well as the week went by, everytime i tried to put him on the toilet, he would throw a fit and want off. After a couple of days, and getting used to the idea that it WAS ok to go in the toilet, he would sit there on the toilet for 10 minutes at a time, and couple of times, a half hour! I would play games with him, play pee-a-boo, sing songs, and he would just laugh.
He is getting the hang of it, and i'm so glad that we won't have to buy diapers for him anymore.
I'm so proud of him. More about him....He is getting so much better with his speech..... he just started ESY( extended summer year ) school. He gets on the bus at 7:30 a.m. school starts at 8:30 a.m. and he gets out at 11. He will go for two weeks out of this month, and then we are moving! Another tranistion! New everything!
We are moving to Springville, where Ryan grew up. We found a Duplex to rent. It will be really nice to get a little more room to breath. We are pretty excited. We have been in our apartment for 5 years, and after having 2 kids, there just isn't any more space to put anything. So, I have started to pack the few days.

News on Jacob... He has discovered that he can stand up in his crip. Ryan and I had to put the matress to it's lowest setting so that he won't fall out, and he tries to put himself up to the furniture, but gets quite frustrated and falls. He is such an active little boy! He will be walking before I know it!
He amazes me how he just wants to go all of the time. Hunter was a very mellow kid and wasn't like jake until he was over a year old.
oh well, they are both lots of fun. They are growing up so fast.
That's all for now. I will post pictures soon.

6 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Yeah for Hunter!!! That's exciting. Yeah for you with your move. I didn't know you found a place. Can't wait to see pictures of it all.

Deedles said...

Yay Hunter! I'm so excited you guys got a duplex! Although now you are really far away from me!

Riley and Steph said...

Wow lot's going on! I'm so glad the potty training thing is doing good. I'm telling ya - when they are ready it just clicks! Moving to Springville - that is great! You will have to come and say hi to us! Miss you all at the temple.

Erin said...

Congrats! Moving to a bigger place will be so nice, especially with the two kiddos.

The Sugar Loaf said...

It is so fun to see your children. Hunter has really grown and little Jake looks like he could keep you very busy. Tell Jordan hello for us. Hope he continues to be well.. Love you guys. Congratulations to you and Ryan on the move. Springville is a great place to live.

Matt 'n Amy said...

SHARIDA!!! When did you move?? I feel SO out of the loop in Nursery! Sheesh. I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats for getting out of Starcrest. LOL