Monday, July 27, 2009

One Year Old!











Where did the year go?? I was reminded that the day before I had Jacob, I was tieing a quilt at the canyon with Ryan's family!
Jacob is such a fun and sweet baby! He has gone through alot.. being born 5 weeks early, with pnemonia and in the hospital for a week, getting sick with colds, and now ear infections..
At the same time, our family is so blessed to have him! The Lord has truly blessed us with beautiful children!
Ryan and I had close family members over at our house for cake and ice cream, and we got to sit out on the lawn and patio cause there wasn't quite enough seats for everyone to be inside.
Jake opened presents and got alot of toys, and then we had cake and Ice cream. We lit the candles that said"happy birthday" and we sang to him, and my mom had the cake just in the perfect reach of jake, and he smeared his hand in the cake! After getting his hands in the 4" inch cake that was his, he had frosting all over his hair, up his nose... and he had it EVERYWHERE! It was fun to watch him get into it though.
New things that he is doing:
*crawls and army crawls perfectly

*stands and hangs on to furniture.

*scoots along furniture.

*Loves to play with Hunter

*gets into everything!

We love you Jacob! Happy 1st Birthday!

6 comments:

The Corbetts said...

Hey this is amanda corbett I found your blog on katie shelley's blog. and I added you to my blog hope thats okay. Your boys are so cute
I can't believe he is a year old they grow so fast. I miss our walking group.

Candace and Brian said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!! I agree with you-where did the year go? That's so fun he liked his cake and had such a great party. Wish we could see you more often. Love ya!

Deedles said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! What a handsome little boy! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!! We miss you, we are in Lehi now.

Pamela said...

How darling! Great picts! Looks like he had a great time! [I supppose you did the cleaning up? tee hee] I'll show this post to your dad when he returns tonight. Thanks again for the wonderful dinner.

Pamela said...

Sharida,
I just got off work and read your blog. I enjoyed your blog very much. So sorry we missed the party. Sounds like Jake had a great birthday. Will call you and let you know when we get back to Provo. Love, Dad