Saturday, November 1, 2008

Collicy baby @ 3 months old!

Getting caught up with this blog is really hard cause I have so much to say and don't know where to start. This week has been fairly busy. Wednesday I had to take Jacob to the doc. again after taking him to the doc. the previous week cause.... Tuesday night, when i got to work and was there only 45 minutes, I called ryan to see how the boys were and Jacob was screaming bloody murder with pain. Ryan said" honey you need to come home, I don't know what to do!" SO, in an emergency, I told my supervisor that I needed to go home cause jacob was really upset. I do have to say that I'm greatful that I have understanding bosses that will let me take care of my family when it is needed.
I raced to change my clothes and went home. When I got home, Ryan, Hunter and the baby were on the floor. Hunter trying to pat jacob in the stomach, ryan talking to the baby as the baby is screaming! I dropped everything and immediately knew that he was constipated! So I grabbed a glestrin suppository and not even five minutes later, he had a messy diaper. He calmed down after the procedure and about 10 minutes later he was screaming again.
Well.. the next day, my mother instinct kicked in and I called the doc. and told the nurse what was going on, a few minutes later, she called back saying that the doc. wanted to see jacob again, and maybe run some tests on him and talk about some different options of what I could do.
Our appointment was at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, and come to find out, he is collicy! The doc. told me that it wouldn't last forever that he would grow out of it within 3-6 months! He sent us to the Radiology department to do an emena and x-ray for friday.
The doc. gave us some really expensive formula. he said that it was 30 bucks a can! He gave us 3 -8oz cans to try for a couple of days to see if he notice anything different. It actually is working!The bad thing is that it stinks to hight heaven and his stool is going to be smelly!
the good thing is that he likes to nurse! So, I still am nursing him, and ryan gives him a bottle of formula at night.
Ever since Wednesday, he has been doing a little better each day.

No comments: